Dock Worker (1st Shift)
Location : Appleton
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : 13.75 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-2
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Light Industrial
Job Category : Fulfillment
Job Description :
Badger State Staffing is looking for Dock Workers to join a large national based firm in Appleton. The Dock position is physical, fast-paced and independent work. This opportunity always has the capacity to turn into a hired on position. Once an employee completes their probationary period, they may apply to any open position within the client's organization.
Dock Worker - Job Requirements
- Lift cartons from conveyor track and place on pallets, or stack into a trailer.
- Count cartons.
- Write information as needed on the cartons.
- Use a hand scanner or finger swipe device to track cartons placed on the pallets.
- Maintains certification on mobile equipment and operates equipment when necessary to perform specific job assignments, as required.
- Maintain and meet production and schedule levels.
- Adhere to quality control procedures.
- Is able to complete expected tasks with required operating systems.
- Communicates effectively, efficiently and appropriately with all employees and contract workers.
- Assist in training employees and contract workers on performing assigned tasks.
- Recommend changes to supervisor to improve procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures, and reports suggested improvements or concerns to the supervisor.
- Participates in insuring the warehouse is clean and organized and informs the supervisor of suggestions or concerns.
- Participates in periodic staff meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Participates in training and development programs as required of the position.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Dock Worker - Job Requirements
- 1-2 years in a warehouse pick/pack fulfillment and distribution environment preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, efficient, self-motivated, and have good cognitive skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently at a fast pace within a team environment.
- Must be production, quality, and process-oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Must possess basic reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Requires good communication skills with the ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to read, understand, and carry out written instructions accurately.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions accurately.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to handle, or feel product, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when working with others.
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork on a consistent basis within the department and when assisting in other areas.
- Must have the ability to lift and handle cartons up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Have the ability to learn and use basic computer skills.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at the level of detail required to resolve issues.
- Must have an organized approach to task completion and excellent attention to detail.
Skills :Forklift Pallet Jack Shipping/Receiving