Hoist Operator (3rd Shift)
Location : Appleton
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : 15.25 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-2
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Light Industrial
Job Category : Fulfillment
Job Description :
We are seeking a Hoist Operator to work with a client in the Appleton area. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to gain experience in the material handling field. The Hoist Operator position works independently, will be in the air up to 45 feet and is held to strict production standards. It is a tough role, however, there is a tremendous amount of potential!
Hoist Operator - Job Description
- Safely operates forklift, walkie rider, picker, turret, and Drexel on a routine basis.
- Follows work instructions and procedures to pick products for orders.
- Handles product in a manner that prevents damage.
- Assists with the replenishment of products.
- Follows procedures to safely load and unload trucks, completes necessary paperwork,
- Supports departments with pallet movements.
- Uses a radio frequency (RF) device to locate products, move product and document work activity.
- Maintains certification on mobile equipment necessary to perform specific job assignments.
- Maintain and meet production and schedule levels.
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets as needed.
- Adhere to quality control procedures.
- Is able to complete expected tasks with required operating systems.
- Communicates effectively, efficiently and appropriately with all employees and contract workers.
- Assist in training employees and contract workers on performing assigned tasks.
- Follows all safety procedures, and reports suggested improvements or concerns to the supervisor.
- Participates in ensuring the warehouse is clean and organized and informs the supervisor of suggestions or concerns.
- Participates in periodic staff meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Participates in training and development programs as required of the position.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Hoist Operator - Job Requirements
- 1-2 years in a warehouse pick/pack fulfillment and distribution environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and operate mobile equipment. Must be able to successfully complete the Equipment Training.
- Must be detail-oriented, efficient, self-motivated, and have good cognitive skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently at a fast pace within a team environment.
- Must be production, quality and process-oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Must possess basic reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Requires good communication skills with the ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to read, understand, and carry out written instructions accurately.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions accurately.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to handle, or feel product, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when working with others.
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork on a consistent basis within the department and when assisting in other areas.
- Must have the ability to lift and handle cartons up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Have the ability to learn and use basic computer skills.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at the level of detail required to resolve issues.
- Must have an organized approach to task completion and excellent attention to detail.
Skills :Forklift Hoist Lift Math RF Scangun turret Lift