Machine Operator Assistant (3rd Shift)
Location : Oshkosh
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : 15.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-3 Months
Required Education : HSD or Equivalency
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Printing - Publishing
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
We are looking for a Machine Operator Assistant to join a growing company in the Oshkosh area. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a medium size company that still has a family style work environment. Many current employees have made this their home for 20+, 30+ and 35+ years. Why not you?
This assistant position works in support of the machine operator. It is and introductory role to the machine which allows an individual the capacity to grow into an Operator role.
Machine Operator Assistant - Job Description
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and machine operating procedures.
- Assist in the set-up of the machine.
- Furnish Operator with materials, tools, and supplies.
- Follow all instructions and procedures noted in each print job master folder.
- Insure product specifications are being adhered to.
- Inspect product for quality, alerting Operator if a problem arises.
- Mount printing sleeves on to printing cylinders and install impress.
- Take viscosity and Ph.
- Inspect material being printed during production run.
- Assist operator in roll changes and wrapping finished rolls.
- Operate the following equipment: Compactor, Core Cutter, and Label Printer. May be trained on Forklift and/or Grabber truck.
- Cross-train to operate machine in Operator's absence.
- Clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Machine Operator Assistant - Job Requirements
- Basic computer and software knowledge.
- Basic math and measuring skills; mechanical skills; communication and organization skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions. Ability to think and react quickly.
- Ability to work independently and keep self-motivated.
- Ability to work the assigned shift and cover vacations as needed.
Rewinder - Physical Requirements
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Stand, walk and bend.
- Reach and grab with hands.
- Climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision ability include close, color and adjust focus.
Skills :Mechanical Aptitude Preventative Maintenance Printing Equipment