Material Handler (2nd Shift)
Location : Oshkosh
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : 17.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Metal Products
Job Description :
Badger State Staffing has partnered with a well known manufacturing company who is looking for a Material Handler in the Oshkosh area. The ideal candidate for the Material Handler position will have a positive attitude and a great work ethic.
A great fit for this Material Handler position would be someone who is looking for a career with a company who has a great company culture. Someone who is looking for the opportunity to grow within a company and expand their skill set.
Material Handler Job Responsibilities include:
- Review pick tickets and correctly identify, grades, sizes, and RT#s to be picked.
- Correctly document on pick-tickets all information required by standard or location-specific procedures.
- Identify on AS400 computer system correct locations of specified material.
- Use of appropriate tools or procedures to obtain materials by use of side-loader, crane, forklift, or other device specific to the location, or manually by lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Use of standard or unique-to-location devices to package material for shipment to standard or customer-specific requirement.
- Move materials to proper staging locations for material to be loaded onto delivery trucks.
- Maintain work area cleanliness and safety.
- Required to have excellent attendance to contribute to overall efficiency of operation and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, notes and memos, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines required.
- Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
- Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.)
- Complete training requirements.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Material Handler Job Requirements:
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.