Packaging Operator (Straight)
Location : Little Chute
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : open - 13.50 - 15.00
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : High School Diploma or GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Paper Converting
Job Description :
We are looking to hiring one or more Packaging Operators for a client in the Little Chute area. This is a great temp-to-hire opportunity for the right person looking to get into the Paper Converting industry. This growing company has an excellent core culture, consistent work schedule and opportunities for employees to advance.
We prefer candidates with consistent work history, track record of producing quality work and are willing to exceed customers expectations. Packaging Operators are responsible for setting up and operating paper converting packaging machinery to reach production goals and deliver a product that exceeds the customers' quality requirements.
- 2-2-3 (straight days or straight nights)
- 12 Hour Shifts (6a-6p or 6p-6a)
- Every other weekend off (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Required Qualifications :
Packaging Operator - Job Requirements
- Perform packaging equipment setups and operation, this may require additional troubleshooting of equipment to achieve optimal performance of equipment. (Ream Wrapper, Case Packer machines)
- Conduct quality checks to assure product meets Resource One’s quality expectations
- Oversee supporting equipment within the sheeting line. (Ream / Case Labelers, Inkjets and Strapping equipment)
- Perform minor preventive maintenance, cleaning and troubleshooting packaging equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and following 6’S standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Packaging Operator - Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of light manufacturing experience.
- Combination of equivalent experience and/or education will be considered.
Packaging Operator - Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic math and measuring skills. Basic mechanical skills.
- Good communication skills. Good organization skills
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to think and react quickly.
- Ability to use various tools and equipment including powered and non-powered hand jacks and basic tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to work the assigned shift and cover vacations as needed.
Packaging Operator - Physical Requirements
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Reach and grab with hands.
- Climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision ability include close, color and adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate a forklift