1. Technically understands and manipulates various control panels and instruments to ensure the machinery is performing accurately.
2. Accurately sets up machines by loading, aligning, and viewing the film for defects and ensures the machine is set within the proper setting tolerance requirements for an efficient run.
3. Ensures that the machinery speeds and tensions are properly adjusted to run at the most efficient level to ensure low levels of waste and scrap.
4. Accurately splices film to meet customer requirements per the bill of materials as approved and directed by Material Management.
5. Stacks, wraps, and labels film and places product squarely on a pallet to meet customer requirements.
6. Ensures that ancillary equipment is set up properly.
7. Ensures quality checks are performed and required quality tests are completed including measurement checks and visual inspections.
8. Assists personnel with equipment repair and troubleshooting as may be assigned.
9. Prepares supplies for upcoming orders to expedite the changeover process.
10. Keeps accurate records of production data.
11. Maintains a clean and organized workspace, including equipment, tools, and production environment.
12. Performs various facility maintenance and perimeter cleaning as assigned.
13. Reports any changes or unusual results on product or equipment immediately to the Shift Leader/Production Supervisor.
14. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
1. Employees shall report problems with the food safety management system to the responsible person(s). Responsible personnel shall have defined responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions.
2. Employees shall understand the Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP Principle and Food Safety Standard.
3. Required Training, Experience, Licenses and Certifications
4. In addition to performing satisfactorily all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, an individual in this position must possess and maintain the following knowledge, skill, qualifications and/or abilities:
5. High School Diploma/GED desired.
6. 3-5 years prior manufacturing experience in a related role preferred.
7. Effectively uses a variety of hand and power tools, measuring devices (rulers, calipers, etc.) and other shop tools to perform required duties.
8. Ability to work with little supervision.
9. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform job functions
10. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions promptly and accurately.
11. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Company employees, representatives of manufacturers, vendors or third-parties, and customer representatives. .
12. Ability to coordinate, prioritize and satisfactorily complete many different tasks in a timely manner.
13. Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime hours as necessary