Rewinder Operator (2nd Shift) (Dearco)
Location : Oshkosh
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : 14.50 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-3 Months
Required Education : HSD or Equivalency
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Printing - Publishing
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
We are looking for a Rewinder Machine Operator to join a growing company in the Oshkosh area. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a medium size company that still has a family style work environment. Many current employees have made this their home for 20+, 30+ and 35+ years. Why not you?
The Rewinder position requires previous rewinder experience within the paper converting industry. This position requires you to operate machine to slit continuous lengths of material such as flexible and medical packaging substrates into strips of specified width by performing the following duties.
Rewinder - Job Description
- Space rotary blades on machine shaft, according to product specifications, and turn setscrew to secure blades in position.
- Mount rolls of material on machine support and thread material over tension bar and through rolling head unit.
- Lap ends of slit material around take-up tubes.
- Start machine and observe flow of material to detect irregular winding.
- Move lever to start, stop, and regulate speed of machine and to align with rolling head and maximize profitability.
- Disengage winding shaft and remove narrow rolls of material.
- Complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and machine operating procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Rewinder - Job Requirements
- Basic knowledge of machine operation; knowledge and understanding of safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Basic math skills including add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic measuring skills including reading both standard and metric tape.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position and additional hours as needed.
Rewinder - Physical Requirements
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Lift and move up to 100 pounds with assistance,occasionally.
- Stand, walk and bend.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach and grab hands and arms.
- Talk and hear frequently.
- Climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Skills :Fractions/Decimals Mechanical Aptitude Metric Measurements Preventative Maintenance Printing Equipment