· Manufactures Wire & Synthetic Rope Lifting Slings, Chain Sling Assemblies, and other associated rigging components.
· Visually inspects Wire & Synthetic Rope Lifting Slings, Chain Sling Assemblies, and other associated products for defects and safety concerns.
· Maintains efficiency and accuracy to meet or exceed the time needed to manufacture sling products.
· Upholds strict safety and quality guidelines to meet all design factors required by all governing guidelines
· Provides Inside & Outside Sales Team members progress updates in regards to the manufacturing process of before mentioned products
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & training
· Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Communicates well verbally and in written form by speaking with Inside & Outside Sales Team members along with the Service Department and peers, in regards to incoming and outgoing manufactured/assembled / and inspected goods.
· Formulates solutions to provide proper components for many types and designs of lifting & towing slings.
· Prepares inspection reports for many types and designs of lifting & towing slings.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Maintains professional but friendly demeanor
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills in a fast pace environment.
• Able to read and interpret schematics, work orders, and understands basic hand tools and how to use them effectively and safely.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Exhibits the ability to understand and interpret Wire & Synthetic Rope Lifting Slings, Chain Sling Assemblies, and other associated rigging components through hands-on training.
• Able to translate Wire & Synthetic Rope Lifting Slings, Chain Sling Assemblies, and other associated rigging components into layman’s terms for training purposes.
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Exhibits the ability to remain calm, patient, and polite when dealing with high workloads.
• Possesses basic computer skills.
• Manages time efficiently.
Rigging Technician - Work Environment
• The majority of working hours are spent in the Wire Rope / Chain Department
• Standard 40-hour workweek applies. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
• Proper safety and protective equipment should be worn as needed, safety glasses and hearing protection will be provided.