Utility Worker (1st Shift)
Location : Appleton
Job Type : Temp-to-Hire
Compensation : 13.75 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Light Industrial
Job Category : Fulfillment
Job Description :
Badger State Staffing is looking for Utility Workers to join a large Fulfillment center in the Appleton area. The Utility Worker position is an entry-level position that gives great exposure to a variety of responsibilities within the facility. This client is always looking for the next quality employee to join its team.
Utility Work - Job Description
- Take direction from shift supervisor to perform duties as assigned
- Case Sealing
- Insert packaging material into case
- Push case through sealer to adhere tape
- Adjust, fill or troubleshoot machine as needed
- Induct Line
- Place cases from the pallet on induct line
- Inspect that cases meet the quality standard
- Hand Packing
- Place product from cartons into shipping boxes
- Insert packaging material
- seal case for shipping
- Carton Labeling
- Adhering carton labels to cases on pallet
- Break down the pallet and rebuild on a new pallet (with correct stickers)
Required Qualifications :
Utility Worker - Job Requirements
- 1-2 years in a warehouse pick/pack fulfillment and distribution environment preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, efficient, self-motivated, and have good cognitive skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently at a fast pace within a team environment.
- Must be production, quality, and process-oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Must possess basic reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Requires good communication skills with the ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to read, understand, and carry out written instructions accurately.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions accurately.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to handle, or feel product, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when working with others.
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork on a consistent basis within the department and when assisting in other areas.
- Must have the ability to lift and handle cartons up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Have the ability to learn and use basic computer skills.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at the level of detail required to resolve issues.
- Must have an organized approach to task completion and excellent attention to detail.